Veiled Innocence by Ella Frank

,

Veiled InnocenceVeiled Innocence by Ella Frank
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I struggled with rather or not to like this book. One minute I hated it and then I was fangirling at certain parts. (Yea, it's one of those books.)

What I disliked
1) I hated Addison. It seemed all she could do was answer a question with a question. She reminded me of a sex-driven teenage boy with her sexual drive. There were some points in the book where I had to stop and remind myself that Addison was a girl, not a boy.
2) Organization. There were no warnings when a POV change happened. You get three stars *** and then a paragraph that you're stuck figuring out whose POV it is. The POV changes were too quick, like within three paragraphs at certain points, and it was confusing.
3) The pictures and how Addison portrayed this act of being "oh so interested". Fast forward one sentence later "My blood began to boil. I had to have him..." Yada yada...It was something along those lines.

What I liked
1) The piss poor parenting skills by Addison's mother and father really upped the anty in this one. Girl seriously had problems.
2) The clock. Tick tock tick tock. At first it was annoying, but after I figured out the symbolization behind it I was okay.
3) The writing was okay and aside from a few chapters the flow seemed intact.
4) Grayson. I liked him, but I didn't love him. Understand? There were times I wished he would do more. Like when he found out that Addison had been hit by her father, and he just told her to "tell someone..." I don't know, maybe it's just me, but a real man would've taken care of it himself. I get the author was probably trying to show his self-control and restraint, but it didn't work in his favor. After a while he became a little boring to me.
HOWEVER...Grayson did earn his redemption in the last 30 pages. I'd been ready to give this book 3 stars...But then the ending came around and I found myself crying.


The story line was original to a certain extent. The sex scenes were okay. Not something to write home about. But I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Conclusion: 4 stars. (For Grayson's POV.)

View all my reviews