Interview with author Bella Scully

,




NOTE: The opinions expressed in this interview are that of the author and are in no way affiliated with SBR. Happy reading!

Genre: New Adult/Erotica

Claim to Fame: "Wicked Game" published in August 2015.

Why we love her: Sexy cover's aside, Scully creates the kind of build up that makes you want to throw your kindle across the room. Whether it's sitting in a lunch room, or talking to the parental figures, Scully's character's know how to bring the heat. 



1) How long did it take you to right Save Me?
 It took me a month to write Save Me.

2)  What made you chose Self-Publishing instead of going the Traditional route?
Self-publishing gives me more control over my work.  I can choose my own cover designers, editors, prices, and marketing.  It also helps me get my books out to my readers faster and cheaper than I could if I were traditionally published.

3) Any celebrities of whom you feel resemble your characters? (Nate, Natalie..Cal.)
 Nat would be Dianna Agron.  Cal would probably be Channing Tatum.

4) (Not required, but we've been asking): Opinion on the fan fiction turned published work by mainstream publishers? Aka, Fifty Shades, Beautiful Bastard, Gabriel's Inferno...
I love fanfiction; I think it’s a great way to get more people reading and writing.  Turning fanfiction into a commercially published work is fine as long as the book has been rewritten to remove any identifiable traces of the work it is based on.  The first time I read Fifty Shades, I didn’t know it was Twilight fanfiction and was surprised when I found out; I think that’s a good litmus test for these kinds of things.  Fifty Shades is such a different book in tone, plot, and character from Twilight that I couldn’t tell it was originally Twilight fanfiction from the text alone, which (to me) makes it okay.  It’s a good example of taking fanfiction and turning it into “inspired by” instead of “plagiarized from,” if that makes sense.

5) Playlist that inspired Cal and Nat's love affair?
Hmm…  I’m not sure.  I think R U Mine by Arctic Monkeys, The Mother We Share by Chvrches, Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons, and Someone Like You by Adele would make a good playlist.

6) Hardest scene to write?
The parking lot scene near the end.

7) If Nat were to go to Harvard, what would her major be?
 I can definitely see Nat aiming for Harvard Business School.  Her bachelor’s would probably be sociology or psychology.

8)  If Cal were to go to college, what would he do?
I think Cal would prefer to go to a trade school or become a mechanic.  After all, it would let him spend more time with his bike!  And it would give him an excuse to strut around shirtless and covered in sweat in front of Nat.

9) Upcoming Works?
My newest novel, Wicked Game, was published August 21, 2015; it’s a billionaire stepbrother romance you can find at Amazon.  I’m also planning an upcoming dark biker trilogy with lots of cute bad boys and plot twists; the working titles of the three books are Toxic, Twisted, and Torn.

BLOGGER NOTE: As of today, Scully's latest effort "Wicked Game" sits at #216 in the Amazon paid Kindle Store. For more information on Save Me, Wicked Game, or anything Bella Scully (in general) check out her Facebook page: Bella Scully Facebook