I Stand Before You by S.R. Grey

,

I Stand Before You (Judge Me Not, #1)I Stand Before You by S.R. Grey

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Check out my blog for an interview with S.R. Grey
My my how I am behind with the times. I Stand Before You was published in 2013, yet here I sit reading it for the first time...(I know, I know...)
Time to shred it.


This is one of those books, folks, where you want to hate it for the emotional trauma it bestows upon your soul...But you can't. You can't say hate and Chase Gartner in the same sentence.
It's not possible. (Not for the cool people, anyways.)
How I pictured Chase Gartner:


*WIPES DROOL FROM YOUR LIP*
And what would a King be without his Queen? Enter: Kay Stanton



Okay, time to get serious.
Our boy (Chase) had it all, but lost everything and turned to drugs and alcohol. He's the ultimate bad boy. Fast forward to 4 years later, which is kinda where this book starts. He's down in his luck, but oh the fates turn in his favor when he meets Kay. The problem? He doesn't think he's good for this broad. Uh-uh, no. See, he can't let go of his past to let anything good come into his life.
What follows is a GIF rendition (Courtesy of Orlando Bloom).

Back to Kay. She blames herself for her sister's death. She's waiting for Mr. Right to kill the loneliness.

The writing style of S.R. Grey is addictive. And for me that's saying a lot because I nit-pick everything. Occasionally, there would be a few grammar mistakes, but other than that it was spot on. I would turn the page, swear to my husband that I was going to bed...
....and stay up until 4am. And I have a 7 month old, so...

There were no filler scenes "just because" and no unnecessary drama. No giving the characters more than they could handle. The chemistry felt right. Complex, yes, but realistic.
I give 5 worthy stars....And another Orlando GIF for good measure.



View all my reviews