Gabriel's Redemption by Sylvain Reynard

,

Gabriel's Redemption (Gabriel's Inferno, #3)Gabriel's Redemption by Sylvain Reynard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

WARNING: what follows is an over dramatized review with spoilers.
I wanted to give this series the benefit of a doubt.
(See my reviews on Gabriel's Inferno & Gabriel's Rapture to understand my inner conflict.)
Let's do this.

This book takes place after Gabriel's Rapture. Gabriel and Julia are married, settled in a house, and living the newlywed phase, sort of. All of Julia's dreams are coming true: Harvard, marriage to Gabriel, debt's paid, no longer going hungry...She's become this sex goddess overnight and no longer fears her inexperience. She's laying down the law, kicking ass, and taking names.

And for the first 50 pages or so, I actually believed her toddler days were behind her. Or as Gabriel would say "That is beneath you Julianne."
BUT NO.
Little Miss Julia has made a few enemies along the road to becoming Mrs. Emerson. Christa, Natalie that one professor, mindless gossipers, Christa, mindless gossipers....It's all very complicated stuff people. Their jealous of her 1) husband. 2) husband....and 3) husband. Because everyone wants to bed Gabriel Emerson. (And for damn good reason: he's rich and hung).

I'm sorry, but I don't buy anything relating to Julia's IQ. I think she's dumber than a bag of rocks. Half of the time I think she's trying to imitate Gabriel.
1) She wants his career.
2) She wants the respect his admirers give him.
3) She wants to be Grace and Richard's daughter, Rachel's sister....
It's creepy once you really think about it. I can't believe I didn't notice it before this book. The speech she delivered was obviously a strategically placed scene to hide the similarities. (She and Gabriel had different views on what she was speaking about.) I didn't care though. She could've switched her major to Psychology, and I still would've believed she was obsessed with being Gabriel.
*I'M SORRY, IT'S JUST MY OPINION BASED ON EVERYTHING I'VE READ.* Everyone thinks Gabriel's the real creeper, but not me. No. It's the silent ones you've gotta watch out for.

The topic of children is brought up and Julia doesn't want to talk about it. (Kinda like how she didn't want to talk about getting married in Rapture, but did it anyways 27 pages after mentioning it.) She wants kids with Gabriel, but wants to wait until she graduates. Which is 7 years away. And the whole time I just wanted to slap her. It was like she was biting the hand that fed her, understand? He's given her everything. She is at Harvard because of him. He took the fall for everything. And the one time he asks something of her, she can't deliver. Why? Simple. She wants to be like Gabriel. She wants to have the same opportunities he had for success.
Julia:

Gabriel:

Me:

Oh but this book get's 3 stars from me. Yes mam' it does! Because justice was finally served, cold. After two books of Gabriel giving and giving and giving, he finally got something in return. His little boys knew how to swim!

The moment the flood gate was released, they swam with all their might! Bypassing birth control and shattering Julia's dreams!
Gabriel:

Julia:

Me:

NOTE: I stopped reading this book when Julia found out she was pregnant and had her millionth breakdown. Even though I haven't finished the last 15% of this book, I know there is a happy ending, obviously. But I prefer the ending I got: Julia miserable. Justice served.


View all my reviews