The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C. Cherry

,

25564446

The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C. Cherry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Arc kindly provided in exchange for and honest review
Shredded Book Reviews
What I realized while reading this book: This author is the Tim Burton of the literary world. But not in the way you think. You know how you can point out a Burton movie? The style? Dark themes and colors?



But instead of familiar colors and style, there's a death epidemic going on.
Loving Mr. Daniels Death Count: 6-ish.
The Air He Breathes: 3 or 4, right?



I wasn't feeling it. And I KNOW people are going to rush to Amazon to purchase this book and that I'll be in the minority, but I don't care. I wasn't surprised by any "shocking twists". Other scenes were just downright awkward. And I felt like there was a lot of unnecessary filler scenes just because.
The writing was fabulous, as always. Love the cover! (Cannot stress this enough, he really is a sexy man.)
It just wasn't for me. I needed something fresh. (Aka, problems conjured up by living, breathing beings.) Otherwise there is always that "what if" factor, and open window, which Cherry loves to leave open. I just don't get the resolve I'm looking for in her material.



Also, there shouldn't be any "pretending" going on. (Those who have read will understand.)



View all my reviews