Fallen Crest High by Tijan

,

Fallen Crest High (Fallen Crest High, #1)Fallen Crest High by Tijan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

HERE WE GO!
 photo tumblr_inline_mig54gHR091qz4rgp_zps8918e157.gif

I really wanted to like this book but I didn't. 30 pages in I knew I wasn't going to finish it. When I got to page 59 in my Ebook, I started viciously skimming through pages to find something interesting.
 photo tumblr_lxve6217pF1qmorkz_zps1f09922e.gif

Sam was too needy in my opinion. No child can talk to his or her mother like that and expect some type of respect. I would've gotten backhanded, okay? There was not enough detail. I can't stress this enough. It felt very repetitive. I went to bed, I woke up, I went to school, oh there is new drama...I felt like I was reading a parody of Beverly Hill's 90210 and Gossip Girl-COMBINED. At one point I clicked FIND on my IPAD and typed in "Kiss" just to see how long I was going to be waiting for Mason's grand debut in the Heartthrob world. Too damn long
 photo tumblr_inline_mj0erufUEg1qz4rgp_zps00520d41.gif
I needed ACTION!I needed a love story to develop within the first 20-30k and instead I found myself correcting phrases in my head. For example (it wasn't in the book)-He caught my arm and he pulled me close. SHAKES HEAD...He caught my arm and pulled me close. Certain words needed to be clipped. It was written weird...I can't explain it. I tried to concentrate on the material as a whole but kept staring at the EXTRA WORDS and it was very distracting. I think the author has the right tools it just boils down to polishing them. SIMPLE. I don't need to be told how terrible a character's life is over and over. Uh-uh. I heard it the first time but if you want to add it a third and fourth time, fine, but when I read it the tenth and fifteenth time I start to get a little bored.
 photo tumblr_mdu403pAZz1qd66yn.gif
And I'm not being arrogant when I say this, but I'm the type of reader that nit picks everything. It's the English major in me. The only character I actually ended up liking (from what I read) was Logan. I could actually picture the type of person he was and what he looked like. And I did skip to the sex scene just to see if maybe I was too impatient. Let me just say, I regret nothing. I'm glad I didn't read another 50 pages because I would've been pissed.

From what little I read (about 59 pages) and then skipped through
1) Sam's mother cheats on her father with a rich man.
2) Sam's boyfriend cheats on her with her best friend. (A lot of cheating going on.)
3)Sam and her mother move in with the rich man and his son's. The sons are hell raisers.
4) A lot of underage drinking.
5) A lot of partying.
6) No parental control whatsoever.
7) Kids trying to act like they are 30.
 photo tumblr_makwjhFvxE1r3xqh9.gif
It just wasn't for me. There are a lot of 5 stars on here and again I am with the minority. Oh well....
 photo tumblr_lmlixo3OXQ1qd5mv5o1_400.gif


View all my reviews