Making Faces by Amy Harmon

,

Making FacesMaking Faces by Amy Harmon
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Okay, so I'm going to be in the minority here. But I read about fifteen pages of this and just couldn't find a connection, at all.

I think the biggest problem was the fact that this author dumped everything into the first five pages. It seems like the book is going to be about Fern, but then it's all Ambrose this or that. He can sing, his father left his mother, he stayed with Elliot. Oh he's just got everything. He has that underwear model body and his arms are the size of Beans head or whatever. Ambrose Ambrose Ambrose.

I'm sorry, but maybe if this book had been first person it might have worked. Third person allows the author to have more freedom, which is great, but there really isn't much point with this book. The information was just dumped all at once and it needed to be spread out. All of those characters were just thrown in on the first page and it was a royal mess.

I just couldn't do it. It was completely unorganized...And I don't want to be rude when I say this, but I do not see how it's in the top 100 on Amazon. That astounds me.




View all my reviews