The Marriage Trap by Jennifer Probst

,

The Marriage Trap (Marriage to a Billionaire, #2)The Marriage Trap by Jennifer Probst
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

What I can conclude after reading #2: If you've read one of Jennifer Probst's books, you've read them all.

My biggest complaint about #1 was the fact that someone was ALWAYS interrupting the "sexy time". Nothing has changed in this book. Every time Maggie or Count start going at it, someone interrupts them. It's just an ongoing cycle with all of Probst material. Nick and Alexa always got hot and heavy when they were upset, and that seems to be the trend with Count and Maggie.

And, of course, like Alexa, Maggie refuses to give in and wants to lie to herself about the feelings she has for Count.

I wanted to believe that book #2 would be better. The writing isn't bad, but the ideas are just mediocre and overused. The whole reason Count and Maggie had to "fake" a marriage was ridiculous too. At least Nick had a plausible reason to take the plunge. Count's reason was very questionable. And I hate to say it, but Maggie was kind of a bitch. It was hard to like her. She's just dead set that something is going on between Count and Alexa, because she's stupid. Obviously it's crazy to think a man could be polite to a woman with no other motives other than sex. <---that data-blogger-escaped-a="" data-blogger-escaped-and="" data-blogger-escaped-are="" data-blogger-escaped-at="" data-blogger-escaped-basically="" data-blogger-escaped-be="" data-blogger-escaped-beautiful="" data-blogger-escaped-because="" data-blogger-escaped-believes="" data-blogger-escaped-bitch="" data-blogger-escaped-br="" data-blogger-escaped-by="" data-blogger-escaped-count.="" data-blogger-escaped-don="" data-blogger-escaped-emotions.="" data-blogger-escaped-every="" data-blogger-escaped-forbid="" data-blogger-escaped-foreign="" data-blogger-escaped-god="" data-blogger-escaped-gold....maggie="" data-blogger-escaped-her="" data-blogger-escaped-how="" data-blogger-escaped-if="" data-blogger-escaped-is="" data-blogger-escaped-just="" data-blogger-escaped-like="" data-blogger-escaped-lol.="" data-blogger-escaped-maggie="" data-blogger-escaped-man.="" data-blogger-escaped-man="" data-blogger-escaped-no="" data-blogger-escaped-none="" data-blogger-escaped-not="" data-blogger-escaped-of="" data-blogger-escaped-re="" data-blogger-escaped-s="" data-blogger-escaped-stared="" data-blogger-escaped-stupid="" data-blogger-escaped-t="" data-blogger-escaped-to="" data-blogger-escaped-told="" data-blogger-escaped-us.="" data-blogger-escaped-us="" data-blogger-escaped-want="" data-blogger-escaped-we="" data-blogger-escaped-were="" data-blogger-escaped-what="" data-blogger-escaped-why="" data-blogger-escaped-women="">
I haven't read the description for the third book. But I'm willing to bet it involves either 1) Max Gray...or 2) Carina? Maybe both. There was far too much focus on Count's family and not enough on his relationship with Maggie. I don't know if I'll read another book by this author. I'm starting to notice the trend of her writing and ideas, and I don't really care for it.

But at the same time...once you get started, you feel obligated to finish a series. So I find myself confused and frustrated.

I keep telling myself the next book will get better...I just don't know. I'm losing hope with this author.



View all my reviews